Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's Lemon Drop Martini Time! Lemon Drop Martini Time!

Lemon Drop Martini, Lemon Drop Martini, Lemon Drop Martini with a baseball bat!  


If you don't know the Peanut Butter Jelly Time song, then that's totally lost on you.  What a shame.  (You-Tube it.  Then, you'll really hate me.)


I want to share my favorite summer time drink with you. 


Behold:
All this lemon-y deliciousness in a glass, rimmed with sugar and loaded with booze. (and a bit of ice in the bottom from when I chilled my glass.)


I tried to re-create this beautiful concoction after one of mine and my girlfriends' favorite martini bars.  (They still make the best.)


Warning:  Do NOT have more than 2 of these without eating!  This is experience speaking here, people!  


Mmmm.....Here ya go!

Lemon Drop Martini
Makes: 1


1 1/2 shots  Citrus Vodka
2 shots  Limoncello
1 full shot freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 t. sugar (you could also use a little simple syrup if you have it on hand)
lemon slice for garnish, if you wish


Combine ingredients over ice in a shaker. Shake for a few seconds.  Pour into a chilled, sugar-rimmed martini glass.  Garnish with slice of lemon.


**For a less boozy martini, you could substitute the limoncello with lemonade OR frozen lemonade concentrate.



No comments:

Post a Comment